Owarishippo (cloisonne ware)
Bringing the skills together -- A tradition of brilliance
Refined and luxurious Owarishippo goods are manufactured through separate processes mostly in domestic factories.
Every piece of craftwork, the fruit of original technique,
has been highly evaluated and loved by many people.
In order to transmit the structure culture and history of Owarishippo which differ from those of other ceramic ware,
Shippo Town Shippoyaki Manufactures Cooperative and Nagoya Shippo Cooperative are working together on promotional activities for securing, training and encouraging successors.
- Materials traditionally used
- Foundation: copper plate or silver plate
- Wiring: silver wire, brass wire, or copper wire
- Glaze: silica rock, red lead, niter and other materials of similar quality
- Manufacturing districts
- Nagoya City,
- Shippo Town in Ama County, and Nishibiwajima Town in Nishikasugai County
- Date when designated as a traditional craft
- April 5, 1995
- Numbers of business establishments and workers
- 20 establishments and 160 workers
- Major products
- Flower vases, incense burners, frames, ornamental dishes, and jewelry boxes
Arimatsu Narumi Shibori / Tokonameyaki / Nagoya Butsudan
Mikawa Butsudan / Toyohashi Writing Brushes / Akazuyaki
Okazaki Stonemasonary / Nagoya Kiritansu / Nagoya Yuzen
Nagoya Kuromontsuki-zome / Owarishippo / Seto Sometsukeyaki