The heart and work to draw -- Noble-minded beauty is pursued
A many-layers thing process is required for completion of the Seto Sometsukeyaki.
I am manufacturing with the tradition capacity which built to each of the processes,
put the heart as a hand, and was cultivated many years.
Seto-shi is known as a place of production of world leading clay -- the influence of painter was deeply received in the foundation made by clay peculiar to Seto,
and the Seto Sometsukeyaki has developed uniquely In order to protect and raise the traditional technology and capacity which continues continuously and to develop more,
as a place of production, it endeavors after study and tackles in quest of the new beauty with a stain on the basis of tradition.
- Materials traditionally used
- Clay: "Sanage feldspar", "Motoyama kibushi clay", "Motoyama gairome clay", or other clay of similar quality
- Manufacturing districts
- Cities of Seto and Owariasahi
- Date when designated as a traditional craft
- March 14, 1997
- Numbers of business establishments and workers
- 38 establishments and 261 workers
- Major products
- Tea ceremonial goods, flower vases, liquor cups, and tableware for Japanese-style restaurants
Arimatsu Narumi Shibori / Tokonameyaki / Nagoya Butsudan
Mikawa Butsudan / Toyohashi Writing Brushes / Akazuyaki
Okazaki Stonemasonary / Nagoya Kiritansu / Nagoya Yuzen
Nagoya Kuromontsuki-zome / Owarishippo / Seto Sometsukeyaki